What does the aeronautical medical examination consist of?
In the aviation medical examination, the candidate undergo with the following steps:
- First at all, you must fill in the form with your personal data and toxic habits, as well as sign the consent to carry out the analytical tests.
- Interview with a specialist and a blood and urine test (which measures the existence of toxins, among other substances) to rule out possible diseases or disorders.
- To carry out this section
- You must have fasted for a minimum of six hours.
- Cardiological tests: Such tests are performed at rest to determine function and possible rhythm abnormalities.
- Ophthalmological tests: to determine the ability to distinguish colors, visual acuity and the Visual field.
- Otorhinolaryngology: with the aim, above all, of checking hearing capacity.
In addition, psychiatric and psychological tests (to assess the existence of personality disorders, psychotics, suicidal ideas, etc.; in short, analyze the mental health of the candidate).